Protecting your privacy on our website
We may also provide different or additional privacy notices in connection with certain activities, programs, and offerings, including additional “just-in-time” notices that may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or provide you with additional choices regarding your personal information.
What Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depend on how you interact with us and our services. When we use the term “personal information,” it means information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. We may collect the following categories and specific types of personal information when you visit the Site:
When you use some features on the Site, such as signing up for a webinar or submitting a request for a product demonstration or pricing, we collect basic identifying information from you, including your full name, business address, email address, phone number, account name, signature, or other similar identifiers.
You may also provide personal information about other individuals, such as their names, email address and phone number. For example, if you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask for your friend’s name and email address to send a one-time email inviting your friend to visit the Site. It is your responsibility to get permission from anyone whose personal information you provide to us. We will only use that personal information for the purpose of completing your request.
When you use some features of our Site, like submitting a request for a product demonstration, we collect information related to your business, such as your practice specialty and the number of providers at your practice.
When you communicate with us, we collect the information you provide to us, including emails, survey responses, comments, product reviews, testimonials, and other content.
Internet or Other Network Activity
Ambula may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your internet protocol (“IP”) address, your browsing or search history, and information related to your interactions with our Site, emails, or advertisements.
Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers
We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with our Site, which may include your internet protocol (“IP”) address, device identifiers, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, browser type, device type, operating system, and regional and language settings.
Usage and Performance Data
We collect data related to the use of our Site. This may include your interactions with our Site, error reports and other data about the performance of our Site. This data helps us to diagnose problems with our Site and to improve various features and solutions for your future use.
We may collect information that permits us to determine your location, such as if you manually provide location information in our Consumer Marketplace or enable your mobile device to send us precise location information.
Job Applicant Information
We collect information from you in connection with applying and interviewing for employment at Ambula, including professional or employment-related information (such as education and employment history) and any other information you provide as part of your job application, such as your LinkedIn or other social media profiles. If we retain you as an employee, this may include, among other things, your Social Security number or taxpayer ID.
Audio and Visual Information
We may record your voice or likeness when you attend a live webinar, online product demonstration, or training session, or when we record customer service calls for quality assurance.
We may also draw inferences from any of the information identified above.
How We Collect Information
Directly from You
We collect personal information you provide to us, such as when you request a product demonstration, contact us, respond to a survey, apply for a job, or sign up to receive emails, text messages, and/or postal mailings.
Using Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you use Ambula or our mobile application, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our advertisements, we or third parties we work with automatically collect certain information using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixels, internet tags, web server logs, and other data collection tools. For more information, please see the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section below.
From Social Media Platforms
If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, single sign-on, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn) in connection with our Sites or mobile application, we collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
From Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as data analytics providers, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, vendors that provide services on our behalf, or publicly available sources. We also create information based on our analysis of the information we have collected from you.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the Site to function and do not store any personally indefinable information. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or submitting forms. If you reject strictly necessary cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us measure and improve the performance of our Site by telling us how visitors interact with our Site, including which pages they visit. All information collected through performance cookies is aggregated and anonymous. If you reject performance cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor Site performance.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies enable our Site to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you reject these cookies. some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies may be set through our Site by our advertising partners. They store information that may uniquely identify your browser and device to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites. If you reject targeting cookies, you will no longer receive personalized advertisements. See the “Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting” section below for more information.
Web Beacons / Gifs
Ambula uses software technology called clear gifs or Web beacons to help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is effective. These technologies are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. In some cases, we tie information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personal information; an example would be tracking emails that have been opened by recipients which allows us to measure the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
3rd Party Tracking
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing Services. For example, if you request a product demo and sign up for our services, we use the information you provided in your demo request to service and maintain your account, provide customer support, and communicate with you about our services.
- Business Operations. For our operational purposes and the operational purposes of our service providers and integration partners. This may include short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Site.
- Core Functionality and Improvement. We may use information we collect to provide core functionality on and to improve our Site, including for Site analytics.
- Security, Safety, and Dispute Resolution. We use collected information to protect the security and safety of our Site, including to detect bugs, report errors, and to detect, protect against, and prosecute security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Communicating With You. If you contact us through the Site, we will use personal information you provide to respond to you. We may also use personal information we collect to communicate with you for other purposes, such as sharing updates about our products and services or providing relevant offers from third-party partners.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising, and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail (such as promotions, new product launches, and referrals); and to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
- Referrals. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a colleague about our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Ambula stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your colleague may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Analytics and Personalization. We use personal information to conduct research and analytics, including to improve our Site; to understand how you interact with our Site, advertisements, and communications with you to determine which of our products or services are the most popular, and to improve our Site, Platform and marketing campaigns; to personalize your experience, to save you time when you use visit our Site, and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you; to understand how you use our Site; to provide services, to better understand our customers’ needs, and to provide personalized recommendations about our products and services.
- Employment Decisions. We use Job Applicant Information to make decisions about recruitment and in anticipation of a contract of employment. Providing this information is required for employment.
- Legal Obligations. We may provide access to your information, including personally identifiable information, when legally required to do so, including to comply with a court order, to cooperate with police investigations, or in connection with other legal proceedings.
- Disclosed and Other Purposes. We may also use information for other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect such information. For example, we obtain specific consent from customers prior to posting customer testimonials, comments and reviews on our Site which may contain personal information.
How We Share Your Information
- Corporate Affiliates. We may share personal information with our corporate affiliates, including our parent company, sister companies and subsidiaries. Such corporate affiliates process personal information on our behalf as our service provider, where necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested, or in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Third Party Partners. With your consent, we do share your name and email with certain partners we may work with. If you would not like your information shared with these partners, notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Providers. We use other third parties such as a chat service provider to provide customer service to you, and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services, an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. When you sign up for these services, we will specify what personal information is being shared as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
How We Protect Your Information
While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we use reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security in all circumstances.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com
Depending on your country or state of residence, you may be able to exercise the rights described below.
Accessing, Updating, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
You may have the right to request access to and receive details about or a copy of the personal information we maintain or have processed about you, to update and correct inaccurate information, or delete your personal information. You may also have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by applicable law. This section describes how to exercise those rights and our process for handling those requests, including our means of verifying your identity. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us. While our contact form is the best way to reach us, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to and Deletion of Your Personal Information. You can submit a request to access or delete your personal information, or withdraw consent, by submitting a request through our contact form or calling 818-823-0604 We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Updates and Corrections to Your Personal Information. You can update your account by logging into your account, contacting our support team, or calling us at 818-823-0604. To update your personal information related to your employment at Ambula, please email us at email@example.com
- Identity Verification. For security purposes, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity to enable us to process some requests. In such cases, we may contact you by email to verify your request. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name and the email address associated with your account.
- Promotional Emails. To stop receiving promotional emails, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us.
Our Site is not intended for or directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 18 without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
If you have questions or suggestions, you can contact us at